Thursday, May 5, 2016

Picnic in the Park Crop Challenge #4

Hello!

I hope you've been enjoying our crop so far this week and that you've been able to play along a little bit as well. The challenges have been so fun!

There are lots of ways to jazz up a picnic and one of them is definitely music.

For my challenge today I want you to create a layout using either a song title or song lyrics on the page. You can use as much or as little of the song as you'd like.

I chose the song, "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts to go along with this picture of my girls.

Kids grow up way too quickly and I just hope that I can teach mine what they need to know to be successful and happy now and as they get older. These lyrics added just the right sentiment to my page.


To create this layout I used this month's Pure Bliss classic kit. This one is sold out but there is a limited edition kit with a lot of the same contents plus other fun products.  


One of my favorite parts of this kit is the cute Thickers!! I've always been quite the hoarder of American Crafts Thickers- foam ones, fabric and chipboard ones, whatever I can get my hands on. I even bought an extra pack of these because they are so incredibly cute ♥


I used a sheet of Pink Paislee Fancy Free (how cute is this collection?!?- I've been waiting for this one since the sneaks last CHA) for the butterflies. The paper has large patterned dots- I used one row and lots of Martha Stewart butterfly punches and added the punched butterflies around my page. I added some glitter glue from the kit to the centers of the butterflies. 

It is perhaps hard to see in my pictures but I created journaling lines on the patterned paper background with some white spray mist. On those lines I added lyrics from the Rascal Flatts song- not the entire song but the parts of it that I thought most carried the message I wanted for my page. I added more lyrics to the little note card. I used a piece of pink sparkly Queen and Co tape to the tag and the floral ribbon to the piece of striped paper I cut from another sheet of patterned paper. 

I used this cute journaling tag, tucking it under the edge of my photo. I actually cut the tag in half so that I could use the other piece on another project. 


One of the focal points of my page which helps to draw your eye to the photo are these vellum leaves from Basic Grey. They were flat in the kit so I added some creases for more dimension. I also added some glitter glue here and there. I used foam adhesive on the back of my photo so that it would stand out above the folded leaves. 

Once again, your challenge is to choose a song- either lyrics or a title or both, like I did- and use is on your scrapbook page. You have until the end of Friday to share your projects on our Facebook page to be eligible for lots of fun prizes! Winners will be chosen this coming Saturday.

We can't wait to see what you come up with!


No comments: