Monday, May 30, 2016

Shape up for Summer..."Pure Bliss" Classic Kit

Hello!  It's  Meridy here, with a 2 page layout to share with you today.  As a design team, we are 'Shaping up for Summer' by creating layouts with a repeating shape in them this week.  I'm working with the "Pure Bliss" Classic Kit today.  I choose to work with circles



I started my layout using patterned paper with a circle motif across the bottom of the layout.  After I added my photos and patterned paper across the top of my layout, I pulled in a circular journaling block and popped it up on pop dots, creating a little dimension on my layout.  


As I searched through the embellishments in this kit, I found plenty of other circle elements to add.  I started with the faux sequins, then a few buttons.  Next, I grabbed 2 of the printed wood veneers, flipped them over to the blank side, masked them off with washi tape and painted a portion of them.  After the paint dried, I removed the washi mask and had a totally different looking embellishment! 



I added a few of the Queen and Company pink glitter dots, to give the layout a little sparkle.  Finally, I added small dollops of Stickles from the kit to tie all of the circle embellishments together.  This "rounds" out my layout, and I feel that it is complete!


Thank you for joining me today, check back all week to see how the rest of the Design Team is 'Shaping up for Summer'!!!!


No comments: