Monday, January 29, 2018

{New Haircuts} with the "So Sweet" Kits

Good morning!  It's Meridy here, and I could not wait to break into my February "So Sweet" Daily Diary Kit and paper add on.  This kit is filled with Valentine's goodness, but it's also versatile to use with photos that aren't lovey dovey too.  Today I'm sharing a layout from last spring when we took the baby to get his first haircut, and ended up getting all 3 kids' haircut.


As you can see, the colors in this month's kit went really well with my bright photos. I started with the scalloped paper and broke it up a bit with the teal and white striped paper strip across the top of the layout.  

Next, I began layering the 6x6 papers and branding strips from the Daily Diary kit to create a resting place for my photos.  You can see I used lots of different patterns on this layout, but since the kit coordinates so well, it all flows.


I used some Thickers I had in my stash and an alphabet stamp I got in a Noel Mignon kit last summer for the title.  I even pulled the chipboard scissors and the acrylic "love" from last month's Classic Kit to use on this layout.  I know they are sewing scissors, but that's ok with me. 


I placed a few of the heart embellishments on the layout, outlined each layer with a thin black pen, and added a bit of washi here and there.  Finally, I added my journaling to the journaling card, and with those finishing touches, my layout is complete.


I really love the hearts with the tassel dangling from the bottom, so adorable!!!  Thanks for stopping by today!