Thursday, January 4, 2018

New year, new post, new challenge

Happy New Year!

It's me, Becky, here with you today to share my first project of the year with you.

We were challenged to create a project focusing on something NEW.

Well, I did something that was new for me...I created a layout with NO PHOTOS.

Have you ever done that before? It was a switch for me but I like the end result.

I created this layout using the brand new She's Crafty Classic Kit, full of bright, fun colors and lots of great embellishments that I took full advantage of for this page.

Here is a look at the full page:

 

And here are some detail shots:


To start off I used the ledger paper in the classic kit. I added thin strips of patterned paper on each edge and then added droplets of spray mist in a few different colors. After that I started layering the rubons until I had it set the way I wanted. 

I then added strips of the cute washi from the kit at the top and bottom of my page, then added the title with chipboard alpha stickers included in the kit. 


The next thing that I did on this page is I started adding my journaling, then more and more journaling to fill the space. In the journaling I talked about how I wanted to try and live in this new year. I mixed in quotes and other stickers to add some variety to the journaling.

I used a blue marker on the acrylic word to help it stand out more on my page. 


I finished off my page with a few more embellishments like this cute Jillibean Soup heart and some enamel dots. 

So, not only does this page talk about my goals for the new year but I also challenged myself to try something new with this project. 

What is something new YOU would like to try this year? 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. 

No comments: