Friday, January 26, 2018

Recreate: She's So Crafty DD Kit

Hi!  Sarah here with this week's layout using the January Daily Diary Kit.  This week, we are challenging everyone to document your crafty hobbies.  Those can be painting, wood carving, basket weaving, cake decorating...whatever it is that you love to do!  For my layout, I'm actually documenting something my daughter loves to do: Paint!  For Christmas this year, we gave her a little art kit where she can recreate famous paintings following a step by step guide.  It also came with a little booklet with information about the artists and the paintings.


The paintings were done on tiny little chipboard canvases.  Once she was done, I asked if I could put them on a scrapbook page for her album and she said yes!  I literally just stuck them down with my ATG gun.  For the background paper, I found this awesome frame print paper from Amy Tangerine (not in the kit).  It just seemed perfect for an art themed layout.


I used a word phrase sticker by each painting along with some epoxy stickers or enamel dots.


I used a die cut from the kit for my journaling and the letter stickers for the title.  I like how the letters stand out even on the busy background.


One of the cut apart sheets from the kit had this heart on it so I cut it out to add here and it was just perfect!

Thanks so much for joining me today!  Please share with us how you are using your kits this month to document your crafty hobbies!


No comments: