Tuesday, January 16, 2018

My "Old Lady" hobby with She's Crafty Classic Kit

Happy Tuesday!  How are you enjoying the January kit?  Isn't it gorgeous!  When it first arrived and I started going through all the different products I immediately thought of one of my hobbies, cross stitch.  I know a lot of people think of it as an "old lady" hobby including my husband.  I tend to do it at night and it relaxes me before I head to bed.  The past year I have really started enjoying it more and more and have taken on all kinds of different projects. 

For this layout I printed off Instagram photos of some of those projects.

I thought it would be very fitting to include a little stitching.  I hand wrote part of my title and then poked holes before using a straight stitch. 


The circle wood pieces in the kit are what made me think of cross stitch in the first place.  I stitched a heart in blue embroidery floss and placed it on top of the journaling space.  


I left the needle and thread attached and placed it next to my title. 

The last little touches were some washi tape along the top and bottom and some fussy cut flowers.  



I also decided to play on a smaller scale and made a few cards.
I really love the rubons in the kit this month.  They are so delicate and feminine and are the main focus of this card.


I rarely make cards that I can mail and decided to keep this card pretty flat.  I layered the rubons on top of each other and placed the little "celebrate" sentiment right on top.  As a finishing touch I added a strip of pattern paper along the top and some coordinating enamel dots.


After working on a flat card I then went the opposite direction.  Lots of layers and plenty of foam adhesive.  


I started with a few circles I punched from pattern paper.  Three of the circles I added washi tape to the top and trimmed off the overhang.  I then added foam adhesive to the back and layered  the rubons, chipboard, and Tim Holtz paper flowers.  


One last card.  I love the color swatches and decided they would make a fun background.  I trimmed out enough to cover the top leaving room for a little sentiment in the bottom corner.  


I finished off with the puffy stickers.  


It's been awhile since I made any cards and it was nice to work on a smaller scale again.  
Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Happy Scrapping!








No comments: