Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Because of Her layout with the She's Crafty Classic Kit

I love the versatility of this months kits.  I always love to see how the design team chooses to use the kits each month.  As I was looking through the embellishments it made me think of my grandma.  She is very talented when it comes to working with her hands.  She paints, crochets, knits, sews, and has been known to pull off a lot of DIY projects back in the day.  It's no surprise then that growing up she was a huge influence in my own crafty adventures.  

And so goes the topic of my layout this week.  My sweet grams.


I started off with pattern papers that I really liked and cut them into small strips.  I placed them down along the top leaving space for the background cardstock to show through each strip.  


I love the pops of color along the top and how this ties in all the colors of the layout. 



I decided to fussy cut flowers and placed these on either side of the photo and jounaling.  Now my favorite part of embellishing.  I pulled the chipboard stickers out and began layering them together on either side of the photo/journaling.  I finished the middle section off with a few of the puffy stickers and enamel dots.  

To help fill the bottom section I then cut a strip of pattern paper and placed a piece of washi tape along the top for interest.  

I am really loving the way all the colors pop against the black cardstock.  I need to remember that in the future ;)

Thanks for stopping by the blog today!  How are you using this months kit.  Be sure to share your projects on the Noel Mignon Facebook page.  We always love to see what you are creating.







No comments: