Thursday, January 11, 2018

She turned 12

Today I have another project to share with you using this month's She's Crafty Classic Kit

My second oldest recently turned 12, so this week's layout features her:


I wanted to show off a lot of the patterned papers in the kit without losing the white space on my page so I used a star diecut made using my Silhouette machine and filled each open space with a different pattern. I also started with a clean white cardstock background and misted it with aqua, green, yellow and pink spray mist. 


After that I added strips of paper and tape, some rub-ons (love these!) and then layered tags and journaling spots on the left side of the page. I used the cute black Thickers for my title and accented things with enamel dots. I also used the Ranger "Mermaid" Liquid Pearls to make little dots around the curves of the black diecut circle. A little tip about the circle: instead of tucking one side under and wasting the part that was under the tags, I cut it and used the other piece on the page as well. 


One of my favorite embellishments in the kit is the pack of Elle's Studio acrylic words. I used the "hooray" and heart on this page and used a Copic marker to color over the white. 


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

♥♥

No comments: