Monday, January 1, 2018

{NYE 2017} with the "She's Crafty Classic Kit"

Happy New Year 2018!!!!!  It's Meridy here, and I have my first layout with the "She's Crafty" Classic Kit.  It's (fittingly) a layout of NYE 2017.  The colors in this month's kit are so bright and fresh, and they went great with my pictures of last New Year's Eve, so I decided to make a double page layout.


I used an 8x10 collage so I could include 10 photos on the right hand side of the layout and then focus on my 2 favorite pictures on the left side of the layout.


I started with this amazing teal patterned paper as my background, then added a few layers of patterned paper, photos, and a couple of die cuts from the kit.  I journaled a little straight on the label die cut.  I used a date and time stamp I had in my stash, and drew attention to it with the arrow stamp from the roller stamp in the "She's So Crafty" Classic Kit.


I wanted the page to really blend with the adjacent side of the layout, so I added the gold rub on "chains & beads" from the amazing rub ons from the kit.  I mixed the black Thickers with a die cut label and an acrylic word to create my title.


I loved this beautiful patterned paper that I used on the right hand side of the layout and KNEW it needed to be used for a celebration layout---what better than NYE!!?!


I added a few simple scraps, die cuts, and rub ons to this side of the layout in order to make the 2 pages coherent.  I sketched around the tab and sketched a little around some of the layers in black thin pen, and with that, I decided the layout looked complete.


Thank you for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful 2018!!!




No comments: