Sunday, August 17, 2008

3-D Flower Embellishments

I love patterned papers with big, bold flower patterns! Why? Because it presents the opportunity to make my own 3-D Flower Embellishments! Here's how.

Choose your patterned paper. In this example I will be using the SEI Poppy from the Memory Lane Kit.



Carefully cut out several flowers. You can layer together larger and smaller flowers, but for this example, I cut out several of the same flower. I used one of them as the "base" and then cut out portions from the other flowers to layer on top, giving it a 3-dimensional look.



I cut out the center of the flower from the "base" flower because it would be covered up by the other layers.

Use foam dots/squares to stack the layers together. For additional height, you can stack two foam squares on top of each other before adhering to the piece.



If the design is too intricate to cut around, try using a circle punch and layering the circles together!



Here are several different flowers, all cut from a single sheet of paper.



Group the flowers together or use them separately to accent your cards and layouts.




This is one of my very favorite technique. I hope you'll give it a try!
Jana

6 comments:

Virginia said...

Those are incredible flowers, Jana! I love the layering of two flowers like that... gonna have to give that a try! Your layout sample is beautiful, I might add. :)

jamiednedt said...

I do this with clip art images...wonder why it never donned on me to do it with pp... thanks for the idea.

aimee said...

love that!

Pejtoon said...

Hi :) This flowers look great :)
I am a begginer in scrapbooking and yours blog is full of inspiration for me, thanks for that :*

I link you on my own blog :)
Greetings from Poland :)
And here is my blog: http://scrapy-ms.blogspot.com/

Shan Herren said...

Love those flowers! Thanks for sharing!

jerseytjej said...

That is cool!