Sunday, May 30, 2010

Jana Eubank - Design Team Coordinator

Hi, Everyone!

All week long we will be introducing you to the NEW Noel Mignon Design Team. You'll get a chance to get to know the new members of the team as well as the returning designers. So let's get started, shall we?! :) Here are a few things about me. :)



A few years ago I was googling on the internet trying to find a set of Melissa Frances Acrylic Stamps. I will forever be grateful for my stamp obsession at that time, because that google search led me to NoelMignon.com. I put the stampset in my cart and then started to browse the shop for other items I might want to throw in with it. I noticed Noel had a Debut Scrapbook Kit up for sale . . . and it was SCRUMPTIOUS! I immediately ordered it . . . and every kit she has made since. :)

I feel honored to have been a part of Noel's design team for the past two and a half years, and even more honored to continue on with such a talented group of designers as the Design Team Coordinator. Noel definitely puts together the BEST kits out there and I am constantly telling her that I am her Forever #1 Fan!



Page created with the Noel Mignon Sonoma County Kit

Who or what inspired you to start scrapbooking?

My mom. She lovingly created memory books for me and my brothers and sister. Not only did she maintain family picture albums, but she also created albums for each of us kids. I remember her MAKING us sit down and write our own journaling each year. We hated doing it at the time, but I am so glad to have those memories in my own words.

There wasn't much in the way of stickers and patterned paper back then, so she would save the wrapping paper from our gifts and cut out the images to decorate our scrapbook pages. When I was in high school, she attended a Creative Memories home party. When she came home and showed me her page, I knew immediately I wanted to begin making my own books.

What are some of your favorite supplies?

LOTS of patterned paper, dimensional alphabets, and buttons. I never seem to get enough of them! I especially love mixing patterned papers from several manufacturers. That is one of the reasons I ADORE Noel's kits. There is so much paper in there! I used to get bored creating with other kits because every page seemed to feel the same. With Noel's kits, I can create page after page with a different feeling every time.

What part of creating a page do you enjoy the most?

I have to say that my very favorite part of working on a page is adding the dimensional details and finishing accents. To me it's like finding those last few pieces to a puzzle that you have been working on for several hours. I love playing with bits and pieces at the end of a project and watching them fit perfectly in place. What a satisfying sensation!

1 comment:

Noel said...

So glad to have my scrappy wife on board again!! :)