Thursday, January 13, 2011

Everyone needs a Kari Ann

I have been using most of the contents of the Very Virginia kit to create the album for my class, Proof of Life, but because Noel packs her kits with one bajillion things, EVEN after creating a 50 page minibook, I have leftovers. Enough to make this layout, for starters. :)
(Made, of course, with the Very Virginia kit. I wonder if I should have bought a second one of these kits?)

To create the mannequin embellishment, I started with the form from the kit, and gently sanded it. It's got corrugated cardboard in its layers, so it gives an awesome texture once you do this. Then I ran a strip of adhesive across the "belt" area and attached the My Mind's Eye crepe ribbon to make the skirt. Underneath that, directly onto the form, I added a layer of ruffled masking tape to give it more fluff.
The flower was a tiny yellow one from the kit, but I gently spritzed it with the Maya Road Mist to give it some more depth. I also added a thin strip of clear Stickles to the edge of the skirt for sparkles. :)
The title block started with an area I masked & sprayed with the Maya Mist. I then layed down the letters, stapled them, filled in the holes with Stickles, and then did the Basic Grey rubon on top. I love adding lots of little layers like this!
For my mask, I just used the negative space from the chipboard stickers in the kit. I put pieces of paper over the rest of it so the overspray wouldn't affect the rest of the stickers (although I missed a little bit- woops!).
Hope this gives you some good ideas for using some of the Very Virginia kit!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

this is fabulous Virg!!

Jenn K said...

What a yummy layout and great tips too!!