Thursday, January 31, 2013

It Started with One Little Bag

Hey Everyone!  I have a "fast and fabulous" layout to share with you today using the grey chevron bag from the Soda Shoppe kit, which pulled this layout together.

I backed a piece of white cardstock with the polka dot Basic Grey paper.  It added a really great contrast and grounded the layout well.  Then I used this triangle background from the Silhouette store.  No Silhouette?  If you have punches, especially those that punch anywhere, you could re-create a similar look.
The little bag was my focus and start of creating this layout...besides the photo, of course, which is one that I had lying around and just had to be scrapped of Emma when she was 13 mos.  We were only home for about a month and a half from China.  I have plenty documented, so this was a just-for-fun layout.  I used the last die-cut flower from the kit, stapled the folded in petals, and added a button in the center.  Everything clustered around the bag is from the kit, except the letters and numbers.  They are Basic Grey and I thought fit well with a baby-type theme.
 And, of course, the sweet photo.  I like to cut apart stickers to use in different ways.  Like the "remember this...the story of us" was a huge tree...I only wanted the trunk and the saying.  It worked out well with the branch sticker coming out from the right of the photo too...almost like it was part of that sticker, if you didn't know any better.
 Keeping my focus on using the bag, the photo, and the background already done for me, made this layout come together fast, but looks like it took awhile.

Hope everyone is having a great week!  Thanks for stopping by! 

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Beautiful, Patricia :)

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

I love it - those colors are so pretty, and I love how you used the bag!