Thursday, March 21, 2013

Chevron Fun


Hey, Everyone!  I still love chevrons.  I am not tired of them yet because they come in so many colors and sizes.  I love that chevron mask in the Daffodil kit.  I have had a lot of fun using it with the mist, and just recently tried it with modeling paste.  On this layout, I used Distress Ink and the blending tool.  I sometimes like this look because it gives it a soft, almost airbrushed look.
 I had no idea where the layout was going, but I picked out little bits and pieces that were my favorites.  After doing the masking and inking, I fussy cut the Webster's Pages chevron paper, laid those done, and then the photo.  Everything else started filling in, and coming together.  I used the mist to add some splatters.  

I stitched the wire house and the arrow...lots of texture.  So for some softness, I added the bow, since this was a picture of my sweet girl.
Hope you've had fun with that chevron mask.  I get stuck sometimes using them the same way, so it's nice to try a technique you haven't used in awhile or a new one.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping by.  And don't forget our Spring Fling crop starts next week!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

This is so cute, Patricia. I love the randomness of the page. Chevrons are still a fav of mine :)