Tuesday, March 26, 2013

We Live Outside the Touch of Time

And we're back, Day 3 of our Spring Fling Crop here at Noel Mignon!!!  One of my favorite things about spring is the beauty of those gorgeous flowers blooming :)  Today's challenge is to create your
own handmade flowers to add to your layout.  Use your punches, die-cutting machines, stamps, and/or scissors to create flowers from paper, fabric, felt, vellum, acrylic, etc.  The sky's the limit with this challenge - feel free to make your flowers as simple or elaborate as you like!!

 photo outside700_zpsf7c77a23.jpg

For my handmade flowers, I chose to punch a mix of patterned paper and vellum.  Here I layered up a vellum scalloped circle, a stitched patterned paper circle, and two mini punched doilies.  In the center I placed a brad.  I really love the softness the vellum added :)

 photo outsidecu2_zps25bbbda1.jpg

Here are a few more smaller flowers I created that I chose to scatter about the circle frame.  These simple flowers are merely a punched patterned paper and vellum flower overlapped.  I alternated these with some hand-cut feathers from one of the Jenni Bowlin journaling cards in the kit.

 photo outsidecu3_zpsdfac29df.jpg

I LOVE this quote about siblings & thought it perfect for this pic of my siblings & I.

 photo outsidecu1_zpsbe8716ab.jpg

You may think the design of this layout looked familiar . . . if so, that is because it is based off our sketch challenge for this month!!!

 photo marchsketch600_zpsb8504cca.jpg

While the sketch challenge is not part of the Spring Fling Crop, you are welcome to use the sketch for my handmade flower challenge and upload it to both challenge albums on Facebook.   Yay!!  If you complete this challenge you have two chances to win!!!  If you need a little "Handmade Flower Inspiration", pop over to the Pinterest Board I created.  I pinned a number of tutorials on the web that might help you get into the flower groove :)  I have created a Handmade Flower Challenge album on Facebook for you to load your handmade flower layouts.  Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

No comments: