Thursday, March 7, 2013

"Pinspiration" Layout


It is "Pinspiration" this week here at Noel Mignon!  I picked Patterns.  You can see several I pinned here on the message board.  I do love documenting the memories and photos, but my most favorite thing about scrapbooking is the creativity.  I am drawn into designs and patterns everywhere!  If I could, I would just take pictures all day long of everything I see.  The hardest thing is picking which ones to use (well, that and carving out the time to do it!).  I looked through all the pins again, and just picked the first one that I liked to use for my layout.  
I am very "green" to this, so green that this was my first attempt in making and sharing a pattern in Silhouette.  I've tweaked shapes before, but not from scratch.  So I have the file here for you to download if you'd like to use, BIG THANKS to Diane for telling me how to share it!

I used the new Daffodil kit and pulled out just a few things from it.  I came across this photo that I think my husband must have taken with his phone.  I couldn't get over how adorable and sweet my daughter looks in this photo (no cheesy looking grin), and how she loves to dress herself.  So had to scrap it.  After making the design and a few failed attempts, I decided it was best cut with the cardstock and then put the ruler paper under it.
To make the design pop more, I added some handstitching (note: this took awhile!  But the end result was worth it...and another BIG THANKS to my Scrapfest friends, Tonia and Stacy in helping me pick the thread color!)
 I used one of the new bags from Allison Kreft's new Webster's Dictionary line and an Elle's Studio journaling card to tuck in some journaling.
I just love the yellow, turquoise, and grey...hope you get to snag one of these kits...filled with lots of brand new Webster's, Lily Bee, Carta Bella, Fancy Pants...and lots more...!

No comments: