Friday, November 15, 2013

Blessed to Have You

Sometimes, in the hustle & bustle of raising two young boys, you forget to just watch them.  I mean really watch them at play or working hard at something.  It's really such an amazing thing to just stand back and observe them in those moments.  The other day we were at our first Cub Scout outing and all Ryan cared about was the garden & this cute little green caterpillar he found.  He just held it and watched it crawl over his hand :)  I snapped a few pics & couldn't wait to document it.  The Gather Together kit had just the right mix of subtle patterned papers & embellishments to accent the page.

 photo blessed600_zps6a4a70b3.jpg

For my title work I decided to build everything upon one of the adorable stitched pockets found in the kit.  A sticker & a few die-cut words provided a fun mix of font and texture.  Of course I couldn't resist working in some of the fun clips as well!!!

 photo blessedcu1_zps6d95684b.jpg

I printed my journaling on vellum and then simply stitched it down to hold it in place :)

 photo blessedcu2_zps81f20e9a.jpg

Did you grab yourself a Gather Together kit this month??  Be sure to upload your fabulous work for us to see in our Facebook group!!!  Have a happy Friday!!


No comments: