Sunday, February 9, 2014

Book of Love: Puppy Love




Good morning! We are so excited to have you join us for the Book of Love crop here at Noel Mignon. We will have challenges today and througout the week to help you fill up your own Book of Love.


I am happy to be a part of the crop with your regular Noel Mignon designer and each of us will present two challenges for you ♥

Most often we tend to scrap about our family and friends, those people near and dear to us. Perhaps it's our kids, our spouse and other loved ones or even ourselves. For this challenge I want you to pull out some pictures (or take one if you don't have one yet) of your furry friends- be it a cat or dog, a snake perhaps, or a horse or hamster or bird. Find a picture of your pet and scrap it! 

For my page I scrapped a picture of our silly basset hound, Bella. We have had her a couple of years now and she has become a part of our family. Isn't she cute?!


I decided to make the base of my Book of Love pages 8x8 but when I was finished with the mini page I mounted it on a piece of 12x12 so that it can fit into my regular scrapbooks. You can choose whatever size works best for you. I also sprayed the background with white mist to tone down the background just a little bit. Isn't that "XOXO" Jillibean Soup paper great for this page?


I did lots of paper layering and punched out some hearts from a few of the patterned papers to tuck in around the picture of Bella. Overall the design is pretty simple, which I think is okay especially for mini album pages. It is a smaller canvas and can start to look really cluttered if you add TOO much. I used a Jillibean Soup card and rounded the edges. 


I also mixed up the two alphas included in the kit. This is something that I enjoy doing and something that you can do to draw more attention to your page title and other text on your projects.

Your challenge: create a Book of Love page featuring your beloved pet.

Once you are done please take a picture and add it to the "Puppy Love" album in our Noel Mignon Facebook group so that we can all see what you created.

Have fun!

1 comment:

tj said...

This will bring be a fu n challege.