Friday, February 7, 2014

Roses Are Red, ... and I'm Wild for You!

Happy friday, friends! Jana Eubank here with a lovey, dovey Valentine's Day page using the NEW February Book of Love kit. I love Valentine's Day pages! It's a time to pull out the puns and get gushy!

Last Valentine's Day was quite an eventful one for my son. He had his first dance and received his first Valentine from his crush. He also worked and earned money to buy her a gift and a rose. It was serious business. He even raided my craft supplies and took the time to make her a handmade card. Even though the crush has since faded (thus the reason my son requested that I not fill in her name for posting online), I still think this was an occasion worth scrapping, ... don't you agree? :)



I cut the soft pink patterned paper for the background using a cut file and my Silhouette Cameo machine. The Cute Lion, roses, and chevron border strip are all free cut files by SVG Cuts.com. I just had to use that lion, because he matched the Valentine gift so well. I wanted to cut him from a soft pink cardstock, but couldn't find the right shade in my stash.

So what did I do?! I used the Heidi Swapp shimmer spray from the kit to color a piece of white cardstock. I love how thick and even Heidi's sprays go on. After the sheet was dry, I loaded the sheet into my digital die cutting machine, just like any other sheet of cardstock. I also used the same pink cardstock to cut out the "4 U" letters in the title.

The lion really came to life when I finished him off with a couple of embellishments from the kit. I added one of the My Mind's Eye enamel heart stickers for his nose, and then wrapped a length of the shimmer red/white bakers twine around his neck.


I also used the Heidi Swapp shimmer spray to create the two-tone roses for this page. Both layers were cut from the red cardstock. I set aside the top layer of the rose and sprayed the bottom layer with a fine mist of the spray. When stacked back on top of each other, the mist gives the completed rose a little more depth and a hint of shine.


And although real roses don't have jungle leaves, I thought they were pretty cute on this page ... helping to emphasize the "Wild for You" theme. :)


Thanks for joining me today! I hope you enjoyed my wild and lovey page. What Valentine projects are you planning on working on this week? If you are looking to be inspired, be sure to join us for the Book of Love Crop Challenges all next week!

Happy Scrapping!



1 comment:

gssfam said...

Jana you NEVER cease to amaze me at what you do with die cutting machines! I can't seem to find the patience to do all the things you do! I just LOVE what you do!