Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Oh What Fun: Noel

Hello Creative Friends! Jana Eubank here. I have my first page using the December "Oh, What Fun!" kit to share with you today!

NOEL

This week our design team challenge is the "Plaid Tidings" challenge ... where we were to incorporate one of the cute plaids in the kits onto our project. Here is what I came up with.


I cut my title from the red and white cardstock in the kit using my Silhouette Cameo 3 machine, and then accented it with the mini acrylic stars by Pretty Little Studio. 


I used a couple of the 6x6 papers from the Oh, What Fun! Daily Diary kit stacked behind my two photos for a fun layered photo mat.

In between my two photos I added a little cluster of embellishments wiht the Elle's Studio cut aparts, puffy stickers, flair and even one of the Simple Stories bradz.


The poinsettias were created using a Stampin' Up stamp from my stash. I stamped the image in red, green, and black inks then added in more color with colored pencils, making the petals and leaves look shaded.

I then accented the corner of the photo with one of the white, Pretty Little Studio acrylic words.


My patterned paper strips are layered on top of each other with the green satin ribbon separating them. I love the bit of shimmer and shine that ribbon adds!

I used a 3x4 journal card from the Oh, What Fun! Daily Diary kit to add information to this page. I tucked the journal card underneath the photo and then accented the top of it with more cut aparts, a puffy phrase sticker, flair, and a bradz.


This page just makes me smile with it's classic red and green color scheme. I can't wait for Christmas!


See you next time!




No comments: