Friday, December 16, 2016

Heading to the tree farm!

Hey guys, Michelle here! It's been pretty cold here in eastern WA which is perfect for spending some time indoors and doing some scrapbooking! Last week my family went to the tree farm to pick out our Christmas tree. We have wonderful farms here and it's so much fun to head out & pick out the perfect one. Normally we go Thanksgiving weekend or the 1st weekend in December. But between school activities and my husband being out of town a lot we were a bit later than normal. And because of that the entire farm was covered in a blanket of snow which was so pretty...and cold!
So I pulled out my Oh What Fun Daily Diary kit to document these memories! 
Everything came together so easily since there were so many journaling cards to choose from. How lucky was it that we went to the farm on the 10th and I had a gold '10' in my kit?! 
And all of the sticker phrases were the perfect accent to my photos. I also grabbed some enamel dots from my stash.
I decided to emboss the wood tree that was in the kit with some green embossing powder. I simply placed the wood piece on my Versamark pad trying to cover it as much as I could. Then I added some embossing powder and used my heat tool to emboss. It didn't quite emboss as well as I'd hoped (maybe because the wood piece was so thin?) so to compensate for that I added some glitter Stickles on the top. It's ok if it's not perfect :) 

This week the design team is using washi & ribbon on our pages so I added washi to my top left card along with that cute ribbon to the bottom of my 'Joy' card, stapled to keep it secure.

Happy Holidays!!!

No comments: