Monday, December 5, 2016

{Plaid Tidings} Challenge with the "Oh What Fun" Classic Kit

Hi friends!  Meridy here today, and I'm so excited that it's DECEMBER because I have been dying to share some Christmas layouts!!!  This week the Design Team is following the "Plaid Tidings" Challenge, which is to use plaid somewhere on our layout.  There are so many cute plaid prints in the "Oh What Fun" Classic Kit, so how could I choose just one!?  Thankfully, I didn't have to, I used quite a few different plaid designs. 

I used 2 plaid patterned papers, plaid ribbon, and a plaid brad.  There's no denying that this is a "Plaid Tidings" Challenge!


 After getting the paper and picture placed on the layout, I added a piece of cardstock, drew lines, and journaled. Then I started arranging the various embellishments. 


I love titles and I really love Thickers.   I find it fun and challenging to try to make as many titles as possible from each set of Thickers.  So when I planned what I wanted my title to be, I ran into a slight problem.  I had already run out of lowercase "g", so I had to improvise.  I took the number "8" and cut the top off of the bottom, tilted the bottom a bit, and added an apostrophe to the top of my new "g".  And that's it!  I don't even think you can tell that I pieced it together.  

Thanks for visiting today!  Stop by all week to see how the rest of the Design Team celebrates "Plaid Tidings"!



No comments: