Friday, February 24, 2017

Saguaros - February Classic Kit: Happy Together

Hi!  Sarah here with my last layout using the February Classic kit called Happy Together.  Our challenge this week is to make a layout that is NOT "love themed."  For this one, that cactus paper really spoke to me.  Luckily, I used to live in Tucson, Arizona so I had some pictures of cacti that I hadn't documented yet.  This paper gave me that push to get those pictures scrapped!



I used two of the cardstocks from the kit and ran it through my Silhouette using a cut I got from a Facebook group a few months ago.  It's a cute cactus in a pot.  While these cacti in the picture are in nature, it still ties it all together and I really like it.


I used a mix of the two alphas included in the kit to create my title.  The horizontal picture is a mountain where there were a ton of saguaros.  Those were all over Tucson!


I used some of the Heidi Swapp chipboard to frame out the photos and some little embellishments to help highlight the Silhouette cut.  Also, that Illustrated Faith paper was fantastic with the little ink blots on them.  It reminds me of being in nature.


Finally, I used a piece of white cardstock for my journaling and used the washi tape from the kit to help shelf my title.  

I hope you enjoyed this layout and that you're using your February kit to create layouts that are not "love" themed.  Thanks so much for stopping by today!


No comments: