Monday, February 27, 2017

{Valentine's Preparations} with the "Happy Together" Classic Kit

Hello all!  It's Meridy here today to share one last layout with the "Happy Together" Classic Kit.  I decided to scrap one more set of Valentine's pictures with this kit.

The bright colors in the papers in this kit really pulled in the colors from the photos I had of my kids creating their Valentine's cards for their classmates.


I started with the colorful background paper, and really wanted it to stand out on the layout, but it was a little too busy for my photos, so instead I decided to use it to mat my entire layout.  Next, I layered up a few other patterned papers and cardstock to build up my photos and make them stand out.  I wanted to use those cute banner stickers from the Pebbles sticker sheet, but they were not large enough to fit all of my journaling.  Instead I placed the banner stickers on the background, and built up some white strips of paper that were a little longer than the banner stickers and added my journaling to those.


I used both alphabets from the "Happy Together" Classic Kit to create my title.  I also added a few of the Pebbles stickers and puffy stickers to embellish my title a bit.  Finally, I outlined most of the layers and stickers with a thin black marker to make them really "pop".


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I would love to see what you made with your "Happy Together" kits!





No comments: