Friday, April 28, 2017

The Grand Canyon: April's "Let's Get Lost" Classic Kit

Hey guys!  Sarah here with my last layout using the Let's Get Lost classic kit.  I really wanted to redo a layout that I made a long time ago.  During a cross-country military move, we were driving from California to Florida and decided to make a few pit stops.  One of them was The Grand Canyon.



I really wanted to use that Pink Paislee mountain scene paper since it really resembled the Grand Canyon to me.  Since I didn't want to cover it up too much, I used 3x3 photos and minimal embellishments.


I used a few papers leftover from other layouts and layered them up, using some Tim Holtz Distress Ink to bring them together (not included in kit).  I also used some Heidi Swapp Colorshine in Ocean all around both sides of the layout.


For the embellishing, I used a few stickers from We R Memory Keepers which had the blue tones I was looking for.  I also love the Pink Paislee puffy heart sticker that has the same mountain pattern as the opposite paper.  I adds a perfect echo of pattern to help bring the two sides together.


I used some of the teal cardstock to matte my photos.  For the "Under the Stars" theme for this week...I used a few gold glitter stars from the Thickers pack.  I cut out a heart from the Shimelle patterned paper which had the perfect colors in them.


To finish off, I added a few stickers and echoed the pink woodgrain banner from the other side of the layout.  And the WRMK sticker that says "Life is a GRAND Adventure" was just too good...right?

Thanks so much for joining me today!  Have you ever looked back on a layout and wanted to redo it?  Don't be afraid to go for it!


No comments: