Monday, April 24, 2017

{Camp Cookout} with the "Let's Get Lost" Classic Kit

 Hello friends!!!  It's Meridy here, I have a double page layout using the "Let's Get Lost" Classic Kit today.  I choose some camping pictures from 2011 for my "Camp Cookout" layout.


I choose pictures that coordinated well with the mountain paper in this month's kit, then pulled a few more sheets of coordinating patterned paper from the kit to compliment those pictures. 


I was able to fit 6 photos on this layout, and still have lots of room to play with embellishments, add some journaling, and add a title.


I cut apart a "camp" die cut that came in my kit and made it into a little banner to create my "Camp Cookout" title.  I dressed it up with the deer flair, a cork sticker, a tag, and a puffy sticker from the kit.  I added a few sequins from my stash to give the title area a little more interest.


I treated my journaling area the same as my title, repeating the same elements so that the layout and embellishmnets flow from one page to the next.  I used the cute stamp that came in this month's kit for my journaling block.


Finally, I made a third embellishment cluster with the same elements that were in the title and journaling areas.  This formed a visual triangle across the entire layout.  I felt like the layout needed a little more "grounding" so I punched some starburst circles from a Martha Stewart punch I have and placed them to look like scallops across the bottom of the layout.  


That wraps up my layout for today!  Thank you for stopping by!  I would love to see your work on Instagram #NoelMignon.



Have a great day!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not only do you take fantastic photos, but your layouts bring even more out of each one!!!

Meridy said...

Thank you so much, Cathy!!!