Friday, March 23, 2018

Grad School: You Go Girl Daily Diary Kit

Hey!  Sarah here with a simple layout using the daily diary kit for March.  I wanted to document the fact that I decided to go back to school at the age of 39, which is scary!  The die cuts really helped me to put this together quickly.


I pulled a few papers from my stash to layer behind my photo since the last paper I have from the kit didn't really fit the look I was going for.  So I layered them up and used a full Felicity Jane paper for my background, which is a gray with a scalloped bottom.


I loved the backpack die cut from the kit and knew I could use it here since it is a school themed layout.  I also used a Pebbles puffy sticker of the coffee cup, because...school.  


I used the square die cuts in a grid pattern to embellish the left side of the layout.  I felt that the quotes on them were perfect for this layout.  The "You Got This" is cut from one of the 6x6 papers from the kit and layered on top of a die cut where I didn't need the quote, so I covered it up with a better one for the layout.


I used a long title!  I put the "Grad School" in white to highlight that as my overall title and the rest I used the navy Thickers.  I really like the look of the title.  The Pink Paislee butterflies helped to anchor the journaling.

Thanks so much for joining me today!  I can't wait to see how you are using your March kits!


No comments: