Monday, March 12, 2018

{Tasty Treats} with the "You Go Girl" Classic Kit

Hello Friends!  It's Monday, so it's Meridy here.  I have been working with my "You Go Girl" Classic Kit this month, and I have been working on my Disneyland album.  Today's layout is another one for that album.  I just love how great the colors in this kit work with my Disneyland photos...

I really like the bright diagonal patterned paper in this kit, but once I pulled my photo it looked too busy for the background, so instead I used it as a mat for my layout...the result was a perfect hint of the bright diagonal paper, without being overwhelming.


I thought that the pretzel paper was an amazing addition to the layers on this page, since we LOVE the Mickey pretzels in Disneyland, and I even mention them in my journaling.  After I layered various scraps of patterned paper beneath my photo, I started adding embellishments that went with the food theme of the page.


The Thickers in this month's kit are so super cute.  I really like the font and the variety of colors, so I used them, along with some letter stickers I had leftover from last month's kit to create my "Tasty Treats" title.


I finished off the page by adding my journaling right on the page and a small embellishment cluster on the top left of the layout.  I added the trim from my stash to add a little texture to the page. I would love to see what you create with your Noel Mignon kit on Instagram #NoelMignon.  Have a great week!!!




2 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fantastic!!!!!

Unknown said...

This is such a great layout. I love how you did all of the layering and used so many different kinds of embellishments without it looking too busy.