Tuesday, June 23, 2009

After School Buffet and She's Our Girl

The first page I have for you, is one using the brand new Five Foot Two kit (only 5 left!). I love the feel and colors of this kit! Perfect for all kinds of summer activities! You have red and blue for patriotic pages and juicy pinks and greens for those picnic photos! Very fun!

This page is about my kids coming home after school and raiding the kitchen. They are so hungry that they start to pull out as much food as they can and pretty soon the kitchen looks like it has a buffet set up in it! LOL!




Everything but the buttons are from the Five Foot Two kit. :)

*******************************************

Do you like to edit your photos before you print them? I am NOT a great photographer, but I feel like I can fake it a bit with the help of a photo-editing program.

I really couldn't live without my PhotoShop and LightRoom programs. They help me make my photos brighter, sharper, and more fun to scrap! :D Let me show you what I mean.

The photo in the layout below was actually a casual snapshot that I took of my daughter while we were playing outside. With the help of LightRoom I tilted it, cropped it, and added a fun preset action to give the photo more of a staged feeling. I included the before and after of this photo, so you can see the difference.




Isn't that AMAZING!!!! Now I'm no photoshop expert, so don't feel like you have to be. BELIEVE ME, if I could figure out how to do it, so can you! ;)





Everything on this page is from the delicious Rise and Shine kit.

Thanks for stopping by!
Jana

2 comments:

Noel said...

These are gorgeous jana! i love the 'country' feel of the top one! Thanks for the tip. I need to play with lightroom. I get so frustrated if I don't know what I'm doing I just give up... :S

Greta Adams said...

oh i love your pic that you showed a before and after....and your layouts are always filled with greatness...i love to look at them closer and in more detail.....

beautiful my friend