Friday, June 5, 2009

A pocket and a notebook

I saw this great tutorial for this lovely little "diaper fold origami pocket" on someone's blog, and I immediately wanted to try it! They were using it to house party favors, but I knew I had a little mini album that would fit perfectly in one.

I made the actual pocket in about 1 minute. It is super fast & easy to make- you don't even need adhesive!
I made it with supplies from the Nightingale kit (there are still a couple of these left if you're interested in one!), plus I added one of these Prima flowers (they are my FAVORITE right now!), and some seam binding & ribbon from my stash.
How great would these be for all sorts of things?! An envelope for a card, a treat container for a friend, even a pocket on a layout for some hidden journaling or extra photos!


The other thing I have to share with you is a notebook I made from the Penny Arcade kit. If you have the Penny Arcade kit, it goes perfectly with the Nightingale kit!The idea for this came as partial inspiration from one of my favorite home decorating blogs, The Nesting Place. There are often times I will be doing something around the house and think, "I need to grab a new lamp for over there," or "Man, I need some new dishtowels!" This is going to be my place to jot down all those ideas.

I used binding rings from an old notebook of mine that I was about to toss out. I clipped them to 5 rings each and punched holes in my cardstock & covers with my Crop-A-Dile. I love doing little projects like this!

The cover is made with cardstock & patterned paper from the Penny Arcade kit, and then layered with some Hambly from the Nightingale kit to add durability. I want to be able to toss this in my purse any time I'm out shopping and need to reference what items I need for my home!
I die cut (with the AccuCut) some of the grungeboard to make the little house, then painted it with acrylic paint. Some sanded Thickers and a pearl make the perfect trim for the house!Inside, each room of our house has a section, divided by stamped cardstock with little half circle tabs I punched and attached.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

You rock, Virginia!