Monday, March 22, 2010

Thrifty Tips


We had such a great time at our Swing Into Spring Crop over the weekend! Thank you to all of you who played along with our challenges and games! And remember you have until Tuesday night to upload and link your pages on the appropriate threads to be eligible for all the great prizes. :D

I wanted to share a couple of Thrifty Tips with you today. The first one involves the page I created for the crop. When you just can't find the right accent to fill that empty spot on your page . . . instead of running to the scrap store, try using some clipart or an image from the internet.

On this page, I used the Ledger Clouds (dowloaded from MelStampz) and a Betsy McCall Paper Doll found on the internet .





Page created with the Noel Mignon Core Curriculum kit. The buttons and My Mind's Eye chipboard letters are from my stash.

My next tip involves letter stickers. Can't find the perfect color to match your page? Try coloring in a light colored alphabet sticker with a marker. Here I colored the letter stickers black . . . but I could've easily colored them any other color to suit my tastes.





Papers, Borderline Stickers, Flipnotes, Letter Stickers and Tape are by Pink Paislee. Crystal Accents by Zva Creative.

Don't forget to shop your stash. Make the supplies you already own work for the project you are creating.

Happy Scrapping!
Jana

1 comment:

Virginia said...

This is STUNNING. I love the editing you did on the swimsuits photos! Beautiful!