Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Altered Metal Serving Tray....

I can't believe the month of June is almost behind us! Where does time go!? I wanted to thank the whole NoelMignon.com team and everyone for having me guest design for this month! I really had a great time creating with this amazing kit. I even bought the July kit and it is just as amazing! I can't wait to start playing with it!

My last project is one I have had in my mind for awhile but was just waiting for the right paper and embellishments! I picked up a couple of these vintage aqua serving trays at one of my favorite antique stores nearby. I thought it would make a great magnetic board!



First I measured my papers to the width/height of the inside of the tray and then layered them. I also cut a strip of paper and punched three butterflies on one end and place it over half of one of the adorable doilies in the kit. Once I had that done and cut I glued a fun trim to the edge of the backside of the papers and adhered it to the tray. Next I just added some twine, photos, and embellishments.


I really DO love flair buttons and for this project I actually used a 3/4 magnet and placed it on the back of the flair and used it to hold the photo to the metal board! I also placed magnets on the back of the mason jar and the cloud pieces from the kit. I like that I can swap out photos and embellishments to go with what I want to display!





I hope this will inspire you to take something ordinary and make extraordinary with products from Noel's inspirational kits! Thanks again for having me and I look forward to contributing to the gallery and seeing what everyone else is up to!!! Have a great rest of the Summer!


1 comment:

Virginia said...

STUNNING, Shelley. I love it! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this month! :)