Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"Summer Wind" berry box project

I LOVE making projects and I love Etsy! So today I am going to share with you a little project combining those using berry boxes I found at one of my favorite stores and the gorgeous "Summer Wind" kit. 
Fist I took my two berry boxes and punch three holes in the lids and tied them together with the Queen and Company twine from the kit. Next, I used the paper doily and lined the inside bottom box with it.

Next, I used the beautiful patterned paper and covered the back of the top box and created little banners to hang on the twine. I added a photo to the chipboard Polaroid piece from the kit and placed it in a front to hold it in the box. Next, I added some white paper shreds to fill the box and added the flowers. I put the chipboard heart on a piece of wire and stuck it in the box as well. Just a few more embellishments and viola...a cute altered berry basket!



This will make a cute and unique gift for a friend. I hope I have inspired you to use your kit in a different way. The colors and patterns are so perfect for a sweet Summer inspired project!


3 comments:

Virginia said...

Oh my gosh, that is so cute! I must know the shop that you got the berry basket at... it's so cute!

Shelley Haganman said...

Le box boutique on etsy! :)

Gretchen said...

this is gorgeous!!