Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Best Day Ever

Hello everyone!!!  I'm here this Friday to share my latest Noel Mignon Union Square layout!!  I'll admit - when I first saw the Amy Tan "Word Up" patterned paper I thought - I like it, but how will I use it??  I always have difficulty with these types of papers, but once I got my creative wheels spinning, I found an option that I was super excited about :)  I decided to cut patterned paper to "fit" inside each of the rounded rectangles on the page.  Then I centered my photo in between these rounded rectangles.

 photo bestday_zpsfffdfb33.jpg

I added some of those gorgeous gold rub-ons and then stitched down a few gold sequins.  I loved the "hello" speech bubble, but my photo was covering some of it up.  I decided to use my exacto knife to cut the bottom portion of the bubble, so that I could then tuck my photo underneath it :)

 photo bestdaycu2_zps2d6eac44.jpg

I couldn't resist sneaking in one of those feathers . . .

 photo bestdaycu1_zpsee399346.jpg

If you haven't used that paper from the kit yet, try it!!!  It's a great way to use a fun mix of patterned papers :)

Don't forget - kit subscriptions for January 2014 through June 2014 are now available!!  By subscribing you save $6 a month!!  And of course, you'll receive a FABULOUS box of goodies on your doorstep each month :)

 photo NoelMignon1_zps284f491b.jpg

Thanks for stopping by - have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments: