Saturday, June 21, 2014

Berry Pickin'


Hi there friends! I've got yet another layout to share with you using the fabulous Balboa kit (Hurry! there are a few left!) This time of year is perfect for the bright bold colors of this kit. The pictures I took last weekend while we were picking berries were just right. I love the bright pinks with the soft blues and greens.




This layout started out with inspiration of a pocket style page, but it quickly turned more into a layering of photos, papers and embellishments page. Isn't funny how you start out in one direction and the page just kinda winds up going another? Anyway, that's what happened here and I just went with it. I chose to layer a couple of rub-ons underneath the corner pictures, then added papers, tabs, and even a few enamel dots for some added dimension.  The title section was also layered--Thickers, stickers, hand-cut frame on top of another hand-cut out. Just a lot of layering. "On the other corner I hand-cut the butterflies and since they were on the busier side, I chose to leave the rest of that corner to itself. I added a tab to the top and a Chic Tag sticker or 2 to the bottom and called it done.

Anyway, that's a little bit of my thought process and how I go about approaching a layout, or this layout at least. I'm trying to "go with the flow" more and trust my instincts. So far I'm happy with the outcome even if it doesn't look the same as the picture I started with in my head.

Have a happy weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love, love, love this LO! The colors are perfect. It's all a lot of layering which can be complex, but it showcases the simplicity of summer. Perfect!