Monday, June 30, 2014

This is Love

Hello Friends!! Happy Monday!! I am excited to share my first layout using the "Sweet & Simple" Classic kit today! This is such a fun kit...I love all of the burlap papers and accents that are included!! Everything has such a lovely homespun feel! Gorgeous!!

For my layout today, I pulled out an older photo ( one that I think I have scrapped several times, but still use cause I just love it! ) With this layout, I really wanted to use some of the cards off of the cut apart sheet, I had several that I wanted to use, so by fussy cutting them apart, I was able to incorporate them onto my layout, as embellishments, layering pieces, and journaling!


I wanted to keep this layout centered, and the majority of my embellishment is clustered around the bottom. It made for an easy layout to assemble, but there is still lots of layering and embellishment!


By using different textures, along with my trusty foam adhesive, I was able to add fun dimension to this layout. Love those stitched pieces and the texture they add...they are great for someone like me who still hasn't mastered the machine stitching on paper!


Here you can get a good view of 3 of the places I used those cut aparts. The "life is like a camera" sentiment, which is acting as my journaling. The Love title ( layered with a stamped sentiment, also included in the kit), and finally the doily accent. Using those cut aparts in different ways is a great way to get more "bang for your buck" I still have the excess paper from those 3 that I can use as layering pieces or pull out some of my punches to make my own smaller accents! :)

I hope you all link up and share your projects using this fabulous kit!! :) If you haven't picked up your Sweet and Simple kit yet, head over here and get one before they are gone!!




1 comment:

cdm317 said...

This is wonderful, warm layout. Your picture is adorable and the layering and embellishments are sweet.