Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Hello there!

Hi everybody! This is my first official day back on the NoelMignon.com Design Team and I am so excited to be here! I was on the team a couple years ago, and loved it so much. Noel's kits are amazing, and it is seriously one of the brightest spots in my month to hear the mail truck honk, letting me know my kit is waiting for me on the doorstep. Happy sigh...

My husband and I just recently welcomed our first bouncing bundle home, and I have been working on a Project Life style baby album for him. So when Noel asked if I would be interested in coming back on the team I was like, "hmmmmm....ummm....geeee....YEEEESSSS!" The Sweet & Simple Daily Diary kit is going to be a great big chunk of his month five spread, as well as lots of goodies from the Sweet & Simple big kit.

This week, I wanted to show the first couple spreads I made using the two kits. Each month starts with this Design J pocket page by Becky Higgins, and has a 3x4 month card in the left center pocket where I journal a basic overview of the month. I love posting on Instagram, so this is a great page for some of those snapshots.


Here I stitched on the label tab and a little piece of that cute border sticker from the October Afternoon Public Library collection. And really, I can't get enough of those stinkin' enamel dots. NOMNOMNOM.


 I stacked an OA tag on top of the Crate Paper camera diecut, then an arrow from the Fancy Pants label sticker sheet. The flash bulb got a star sticker and a Queen & Co. Green Deco Dot. I stacked this onto a piece of polka dot paper and stitched around the edge.


I love the look of a little tag stitched at the top of pretty much anything! So I just cut down a scrap of grid paper, added the date using the OA Mini Market alpha stickers, stamped the Heidi Swapp "moment captured" from the DD kit and stitched the whole thing onto the photo. Then of course I added some enamel dots. Cuz ya hafta. ;)


Here is the second spread. I decided to add a Design F pocket page next. I usually try to stick to the same kind of prints on a spread - white margins, full bleed or polaroid style, but I broke my rule here. Because that's what happens when you're sleep deprived. And really, is he going to even notice?


I sort of fell in love with this mustard arrow paper from My Mind's Eye's Market Street collection in the big kit, so I used it at the top left and bottom right of the spread to draw your eye from beginning to end. I cut down a filler card from my stash, added an OA border sticker, cut down a paper tag, and put the Crate Paper stitched border over the top. And then, yes, more enamel dots. Also, I added a few little drops of the Studio Calico Leaf Green Mister Huey's mist.


 I used one of the Market Street journal cards to journal all about Reed's first try at rice cereal. The top had a brown strip on it that didn't quite match the rest of the layout, so I added a strip of patterned paper to the top of it to coordinate better with the rest of the layout. I added the date with the teal Fancy Pants alphas and stamped an arrow on each side with the Heidi Swapp stamps from the big kit.

 

 I included a 3x4 grid journal card where I recorded everything we did in one day. It has writing on both sides, so I stapled on part of a journaling tag so that it can be pulled out of the pocket easily.


 I love the little flair pieces in the DD kit! This one is my very favorite. I just layered it over a piece of the gold stripe washi tape from Queen & Co. and stitched around the edge to make a little filler card.

And nooooow I am off to work on making up some more filler cards with those cute little Heidi Swapp stamps. Because really, I am a little obsessed with them.

Happy Monday!
xoxo
www.brittnykvilhaug.com

No comments: