Friday, July 18, 2014

using up scraps

When I was thinking of what layout I wanted to work on this week I had my Sweet & Simple Classic kit sitting out on my table along with all the scraps from my layout last week

Now, I don't keep every single bit of paper. What usually happens is I will keep the scraps around while I'm still working with a current kit to see if I want to use them in a layout, card, Project Life, etc. By the way, cards are a great way to use up scraps! I also have a spot where I put extra papers for my kids' stash and they know that whatever is in there is theirs to use whenever they want.

Back to the scraps...I had this photo of my daughter that I printed up last week. And when I took a look at the scraps on my table I knew I could create a simple layout by layering some of them on my page.

All I did was create a frame with that burlap paper (hello burlap!!) and then layer some of the scraps around and underneath my photo.

A quick little background on the photo - my 3 yr old is very much into the "I can do it myself" phase. So in this photo she had put the headband in her hair & came to me all excited saying "mommy, I so booihfoe!!!" (beautiful) Ah yes, kool-aid mouth and all :)

I added some of that gold striped washi & brads along with some yellow thickers from another NM kit (I love the gold thickers from the Sweet & Simple kit but they just didn't show against the burlap paper). I have a tendency to switch around the thickers from different kits :)
By using up some of the scraps I had laying around I was able to create this layout pretty quickly!

No comments: