Wednesday, July 16, 2014

With You

Hello friends! Today I have a new layout to share with you using the Sweet & Simple classic kit!!

This layout actually started out using a different background, I had it completed, didn't love it, so I added some misting, hoping that would help, and it still just wasn't quite what I had pictured. So, since I had used permanent adhesive, I simply cut my photo and all the layers leaving a small mat of the original background paper..adhered it to this AWESOME green striped paper, and it was perfect!!


Then I wanted to bring in just a little more of that navy polka dot paper. By layering some strips along the side, I was able to make a visual triangle with that paper, and bring a little more interest into the layout, since I couldn't layer more into my photo area, without possible tearing my photo.


The embellishing on this layout was kept to a bare minimum, I really wanted to layers and the photo to take center stage. I couldn't, however, resist adding in one of these adorable little tree clips...and it worked perfect with my photo!


This layout turned out even better than my original vision, don't be afraid to trust your instinct with your creations! If you are going to put the time into a project, it needs to be something you love!! :)
If you are looking for some fabulous products to inspire you, there are still a few of the Sweet & Simple kits available here, and sneaks for the upcoming South Shore kit have been shared over on the Noel Mignon facebook page...you can find that here!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

great call, that green paper looks amazing with the other papers and photo!