Thursday, July 10, 2014

Doilies and Stripes

Hi friends! Last week we celebrated the stars and stripes for the 4th of July, so this week I thought I'd celebrate the doilies and stripes that come in the newest kit, Sweet & Simple. To do that, I chose create 2 cards, each with similar construction, to show off some hand-cut shapes and great striped patterns.

Here are the 2 cards together. I love the way they compliment each other with their color scheme but aren't the exact same replica of each other.
 


When I was creating these, I had my girls in mind as recipients because they're headed to camp this week. I hope to send these in just a few days so that they'll receive them while they're actually AT camp (mail there is sloooowww). But mailing the cards also meant that I had to keep the bulk to a minimum and do more layering of papers and stickers. It was hard to do. Not as much my style, but a good challenge for me. I DID squeak a couple of buttons on each, but I think they'll pass the USPS test.


Well that's all for me! I've gotta get them packed up and ready to leave. Tomorrow's the big day!



1 comment:

lisaplus6 said...

what a great gift for your girls!! these are such happy little cards!