Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Mixing in Layouts

I knew when I decided to switch from traditional 12x12 and 8.5x11 scrapbooking to the Project Life format I would miss making a "normal" layout. So I made sure to keep some 8.5x11 sleeves to add in every now and then when I felt the "call" to sit and scrap a page.

Sunday night I saw a new sketch from Studio Calico and I just felt the Sweet & Simple kits call my name! Here's a layout I made using a combination of the two kits. I have to say, it felt good to sit and play with a bigger canvas than just the 3x4 cards I've been working with.

I loved the cute little 2"x2" ephemera in the Daily Diary kit, and they were perfect to create a grid to add a couple of Instagram snapshots to.


I love using up all the little scraps and bits on my desk. I used a few patterned paper scraps to make some squares to fill up the grid, cut a little banner, and stitched it over a little strip of the gold stripe washi in the big kit. I printed and stapled my journaling onto the top of the page.


I used the #ilovethis! stamp from the Heidi Swapp to stamp off onto the little arrow square - love the look of that! Then I popped up the main photo and turned it just to give it a little more emphasis.


The title is technically No1 Love, I suppose, though I really prefer not to have a title on my pages. I used the Insta chipboard frame in my Daily Diary kit to anchor the "title" onto the page, trimmed out the deer and tucked it in, and layered the flair and the My Mind's Eye epoxy dots and brads over a cut file that I am loving from Silhouette. And can we say gold foil? Yes, please!


So that's my "normal" layout for Baby Reed's five month spread. And now, it's back to finishing up the rest of the month!

Be sure to head over to the main site to get your Sweet & Simple kit - I think there are just a couple left!

Happy Hump Day!!


1 comment:

lisaplus6 said...

this is gorgeous! I love this design and the colors you used together!