Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The First Day of Summer and a Burlap Pocket Mini


Today I am back to share with you my second two page layout with the July Sweet & Simple Daily Diary Kit. This layout is so soft and sweet! It features the first "real" week of summer and most of the photos are centered around the first day of summer and what we did to celebrate!

Week 25


I used the base colors of the alphabet sheet and the photos to choose my papers and cards. They all came together really easily and I found the colors to be perfect for highlighting the softness of my new baby girl, as well. 

left side


This was also the week my oldest son graduated 8th grade and although with a new baby in tow I did not get a photo I did make sure I took a little time to write my heart out to him and I know he will appreciate that later, picture or not. That is another thing I like about pocket scrapbooking.

right side


I used the alphabets in so many fun ways on this layout. It was so fun to have so many of them to play with! I also loved layering up some cards on this page!




Lastly, if you have so many fun leftovers you can continue on with more weekly or monthly spreads or you can create other projects with these Daily Diary kits, too! Here I also want to share a simple burlap pocket album I was able to create with pieces of the kit and little bits of this and that I found in my stash.


Burlap Pocket Mini



The largest pocket that came in the kit was a great size to hold all sorts of photos, memories and stories. I knew right away when I saw it I wanted to create a special mini album with it. This album can later be added directly into my project life album, either by punching holes directly into the envelope, or trimming and stitching a protector down to size, which is what I plan on doing. 



It has a fun eclectic style with each layer being unique and different from the next. They do share the  Simple Stories "Homespun" insta-squares on most of the pages, though, to bring unity and pull the album together nicely. They coordinated perfectly with the pockets, of course, being from the same line. I also used quite a few of the burlap stars from Curtsey Boutique to bring more burlap into the design. I liked the cuteness it added. The May Arts yellow cording was perfect for adding a little pop of color.


I hope you enjoyed a peek into how I used my packed full Daily Diary kit this month and I cannot wait to come back next month and share more layouts and projects with you! 

Did you buy one of these Daily kits? What have you created so far? I would love to see what you have been using these pocket scrapbooking kits for!




No comments: