Monday, September 15, 2014

1 layout 2 ways

Hi friends! Today I want to share how you can take one layout design and use it to create multiple pages that look similar yet very different.

Every year I have some layouts that I create that have a similar (if almost identical) theme. This usually happens when scrapbooking my kids...sports, school, etc. For example, first day of school layouts. I wanted to create one for each of my 2 kids that are currently in school yet there's no reason that I have to come up with 2 totally different designs for the same theme.

Let me show you what I mean...


This first layout is for my oldest daughter's 1st day of school. I used a layout I found on Pinterest as inspiration (found here). You can see I kept the basic layout design of the original but then made it my own.

I stuck with one 4x6 photo as the focal point, adding embellishments around it. I also found those great chalkboard printables on Pinterest (found here). I used those in both of my layouts.

And here is the layout I created for my son's 1st day of school.

Again, you can see I kept the same basic layout but then made it look totally different for him by using more masculine papers & embellishments.

And you know what the best part is? I used the same kit for both layouts (Tea for Two) and yet they look totally different and, I think, have a totally different feel to them! This goes to show just how versatile these kits are. The Tea for Two kit has a very girly feel to it but you can definitely use elements of it to create pages for those boys in your life!

No comments: