Thursday, September 18, 2014

Good Times Captured

Hello friends!! I have a fun and colorful layout to share with you today using the "Tea for Two" classic kit. The bright colors and sayings had me pulling out a photo from Easter that I hadn't yet scrapped.

At first glance, this may not seem like the "perfect" photo to choose, but it perfectly captures all of their personalities at this moment. My husband, wanting me to hurry and get it over with so giving me the "closed mouth" smile, our youngest snuggled up on daddy, our middle lady caught mid-sentence, and our oldest with her very well trained "if I smile nice, it will be only one photo" smile. So them at this moment, so of course, it was the one I chose, over the one that really was the "perfect" photo.


I loved this background paper, and how it already had the perfect photo spot in the design. Sometimes that it the thing I struggle with the most, where to place my photo! From there, I just started adding in layers. Lots of simple, flat paper layers, then I added in some of the chipboard frames for a little extra dimension. When I saw this sticker from the MME sticker sheets, I knew it had to go front and center, it was too perfect!!


Then I wanted to add in a few more layers in another cluster up at the top of the page. I used the bottom portion on those same chipboard frames, layered in with some chipboard stickers and enamel shapes for a fun pop that helps bring your eyes around the page.


This kit is so versatile, and easy to create with, we really hope you share all of your creations with us over on the facebook page, which you can join here! Sneaks have also started for the "Early Autumn" October kit, which is looking AMAZING!!!


No comments: