Thursday, January 8, 2015

getting organised for project life...

Hi Agnus here with my very first post :) the awesome Hey Girl Daily Diary Kit  just arrived at my door so I haven't had a chance to play with it yet but thought I would share a little peek into how I have organised myself in preparation for starting my 2015 album.

Unfortunately I don't have a scrap room and create all my layouts on my dinning room table which means I need to be able to pack up my supplies quickly and also keep them within easy reach and have recently purchased a new Kallax shelving unit from Ikea.


Because my storage unit is located in my lounge room, I am trying to keep it nice and tidy and have been stocking up on lots of clear storage containers to help me easily find what I'm looking for.


I am using a few of these to store all my project life cards and any co-ordinating pieces, as well as one dedicated to all my paper tags and embellies which I have sorted into colour groups.


This system has made working by colour so much easier, and no longer do I have to search through piles of stuff if I need a red heart.


Grouping all my washi tapes, flairs, paperclips and wood veneers into more containers has also helped me to speed up my process.


here's a little example of how I like to use them to in my pockets



I am storing stickers, enamel dots and dies on magnetic sheets inside some A4 clear file boxes which fit perfectly into my fabric storage cubes. Here's a better look at what I've got inside a few of them...


Stickers are so quick and easy for adding a pop of colour to photos and journal cards. 




As much as I love adding little details into my pockets, my album is very much about the photos and I am printing as I go with the help of my Picture Mate which has truly been my best investment.




I am planning to include some of the things my boys post on their facebook pages this year so that our album is more interactive and not only from my perspective. I have ordered a lovely new planner but it hasn't arrived yet so I'm jotting down daily reminders of what we do each day in a diary. 


I am doing my project life on a weekly basis Mon-Sun and in addition to using date stamps,  I have typed and printed out a years supply of date strips to keep my pages looking consistent throughout the year. If you are doing your album weekly too, feel free to download a copy of the date strips here.

I can't wait to start playing with my Daily Diary kit and will be back next week to show you what I've created :)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope to one day be as organized as you are! Welcome to the team!

Cindy said...

Wow Agnus, your stuff is so well organised and easy to find. No craft room is certainly not slowing you down. Cant wait to see what you create!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I love your storage system! Can you come to my house and organize my scrap stuff? :)

Melinda Sweetman said...

Congrats again Agnus!! And I love seeing how you store all your goodies! Can't wait to see what you do with your kits on this team xx