Friday, January 16, 2015

finally some SNOW!

In my neck of the woods it's pretty common to have had lots of snow by now. But, unfortunately, Mother Nature has not cooperated this winter. We had lots of rain in December, freezing temps, but very little snow. That is, until January 4th. And let me tell you, I had some happy kiddos! Well, 2 of the 3 that came outside anyway!
I don't document every single snowfall but there's usually at least one layout per season of this fun winter activity (especially since 2 of my kids spent most of their childhood growing up in the south).
All of my photos were printed at approx 3x3 (I seem to be gravitating toward this photo size lately!) When I started off creating this layout I was looking for pinks & blues to match my kids' clothes in the pictures. What I ended up doing is using the leftover scraps from my Disneyland layout since they matched perfectly. Waste not want not! After adding some embellishments, that cute heart strip from the bottom of another patterned paper (love that companies do this!), stamping with that cute stamp from the Hey Girl Daily Diary kit, and my page is complete. 

For added fun I added a photo of the weather screenshot I shared on facebook that day :)

No comments: