Monday, July 20, 2015

Fourth of July Fun (Pool Party Kit)


Today I have a fun layout for you using some picture from the Fourth of July! Of course, these pictures were taken at night- so they are pretty dark. In order to help the details stand out a little more, I converted them to black and white and upped the contrast. Really, I just wanted to catch a few "mood" pictures that represented how we spent our holiday. 


Because there's so much dark space on this photo, it was the perfect spot to add some bright yellow embellishments. I love this contrast. 


My kids are now old enough to start adding their own words to our layouts. I LOVE this and don't want to miss this opportunity. Do they add lots of details? Nah. Their sentences are pretty straightforward. But you know what I think I'll care about years down the road? Seeing these crooked little letters. 


Don't forget to include your family in the process of journaling! Handwriting has such a personal feel and instantly connects you to that person and time. 

Just a reminder- if you haven't made it to one of Noel's Kit Reveal parties, tonight is the night! We have so much fun doing these and would love to have you come along! 



No comments: