Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Heart of Gold Classic Kit: XOXO

Happy Wednesday, Friends! Jana Eubank here with my first page using the swoon-worth February Heart of Gold Classic Kit. This kit contains all of my very favorite colors for scrapbooking Valentine's day, so you know I just couldn't wait to dig into it!

XOXO

This week the design team has been inspired by "Bundling Up" for the cold this time of year by using lots of layers on our projects. My favorite ways to layer on a project include combining several patterned papers together and also using lots of handcut elements.

I began my page by clustering my three photos together, layering them slightly over one another and then anchoring them on a band of layered paper strips and a large patterned paper circle.


As I built my page from there, I tried to keep the "layering" concept at the forefront of my thought process. I handcut several flowers from the My Mind's Eye Hello Gorgeous floral paper and tucked them around my photos. For the journaling, I layered two labels on top of one another and then added the title on top of those ... layering it over my main photo.


Machine stitching in pink thread around the circle and edge of the page, help to define things a bit.


I handcut several doilies from the Echo Park Paper Blowing Kisses paper and tucked them in with the flowers around the photos, layering them together for more impact.


The bottom right corner of the photo grouping is finished off with a label phrase sticker from the We R Memory Keepers Crust sticker sheet. I layered two of the gold Prima flowers over the right edge.


I love how the flowers and doilies add a sweetness to this Valentine page of my daughter! And I had so much fun layering all the different patterns and handcut elements together.

How do you like to layer on your projects?


1 comment:

Donna said...

this is fantastic............