Thursday, January 14, 2016

feeling blue-sy with daily diary

Hello everyone!
Welcome back to another week....and another fun theme to think about when working with your kit this month!


If you have been following the blog this past week, then you are familiar with what we are calling the "Winter Blues".  This means either using blue as a prominent color within your layout/spread from the kit this month....OR document something that helps you beat the winter blues.

Well.....today's pocket page layout for me is both!  I used the Daily Diary kit to compile this fun layout together.  I focused on the beautiful blue tones found in this kit to pull my page together...as well as a fun photo of my son and I spending time outdoors....a great way to beat the winter blues!


This photo was taken on January 1st....his first time with little skates on enjoying skating on the frozen lake....a Canadian tradition!


It was really fun to piece together all of the varied blue tones.  The patterns in this months kit are gorgeous and I loved all of the die cut journaling bits that were included this month.


The left hand side of my layout...I did not add any photos.  Instead I just wanted to really enjoy and play with the varied "blue tones" in this kit...as well as enjoy the beautiful embellishments and stamps that are part of this kit.  I love grids.


I really enjoyed this fun theme.
It was great to focus on one color for this spread....and celebrate some memories.
All of this combined definitely helped me beat the winter blues!
Scrapbooking definitely has that healing power.




No comments: