Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Sweet Charlotte Classic Kit: Happiness

Happy Wednesday, friends! It's Jana Eubank, back with another layout using the completely lovely Sweet Charlotte Classic Kit (pick one up for yourself HERE).

This week the design team's theme is "Stamping Through the Snow" and we are focusing on ways to use the stamps and mist that was included in January's kit.

I selected a few photos of my daughter playing in the snow for my page today and as I was holding the photos up to the papers in the kit this ombre woodgrain was calling my name! I love the way the pink wash fades into the woodgrain. It has such an etereal feel and complimented the pink in my daughter's snow suit perfectly!


The first thing I decided to do was to create some large washi tape snowflakes on the background of my page to surround my photos. For the medium and small snowflakes, I simply cut the washi tape in half length-wise. I left the edges sticking up slightly so that they would have more of a dimensional look to them. I then sprinkled the Heidi Swapp mist and a few sequins around them for an icy feeling! I love it!


I didn't want to detract from the awesome ombre happening in the background, so I decided to keep my embellishments simple and tone-on-tone. I used the brown cork letters for the title on the top half of the page where the background was woodgrain ... and then on the bottom of the page I used the pink Heidi Swapp "favorite" word where the background was pink! Brown-on-brown, and pink-on-pink! Kind of a fun thing to try out!


The lighter pink on the kraft tag and the neutral wood veneer and kraft colored die cut pick up the mid-tones in the middle of the page.


Finally, I decided that my page still needed "something."  I pulled out the stamps and decided to use the dashed line as "stitched" accents throughout the page. I'm sure it is meant to add journaling lines to the typewriter stamp, but I thought it looked like stitching. I stamped a few clusters at the bottom of the page, to the left of the journal spot, and then again to the right of the title. It was the perfect finishing touch, and I really love how this page came together!


How are you incorporating the stamps and mist into your projects this month? We would love to see! Come share them with us on the Noel Mignon Facebook page, or leave us a link in the comments of this post.

Happy Winter!


P.S. Don't forget! Tonight is the February Kit Reveal Night on Noel's Kit Reveal Party Facebook Page!!! I can't wait to see all the goodies we will get to play with next month. Hope to see you there!



1 comment:

Donna said...

Magnificent. The colors, the washi snow flakes, the stamping. You rock